Villa Bonera is a charming family-run 16th century Villa and it has been a hotel since the mid-19th century.
The building has kept the original floors, frescos and decorations. The garden of the Villa, proof of the huge park present in the seventeenth century, surrounds the hotel with its flowers and plants and is completely accessible, as well as used for breakfast in case of warm weather.
Of course the customer parking is available to you, located in the garden itself.
But donâ€™t misunderstand us: we leave luxury to big, multi-star hotels and we rely on the simplicity of welcoming with a smile, in an informal environment.
In this context we are pleased to welcome you, allowing you to enjoy some of the classic Genoa Nervi, which survives in historic buildings and unique views.
An ideal hotel for a family holiday, as a couple, or between friends, but also for those traveling for work and fed up with the impersonality of the big chains.
Like an extended family
In addition to the Morandi family (father Roberto, mother Gabriella and the brothers Barbara and Marco), the historical group of Villa Bonera also includes Sofia, Gianpiero, Rudy and his brother Richard.
- Roberto â€“ Heâ€™s the historical memory of the hotel. If he wakes up with a straight mustache, he's a funny guy, but if itâ€™s crooked, he may scream at you because you ate a brioche instead of a piece of cake.
- Gabriella â€“ The patissier that the whole world envies us. Every day the compliments are wasted on its biscuits, cakes and jams; she smiles, thanks and goes back to knead.
- Barbara â€“ In her first life she was a scientific researcher, but it seems she has always been a hotelier. If you have a pet with you, be sure sheâ€™ll fall in love with it.
- Marco â€“ Ok, the environment is informal, but he takes advantage of it: long beard, knee pants for 6 months a year, and that passion for t-shirts ... he has about 200, compared to a couple of button down shirts.
- Sofia â€“ The fastest waitress in the Kingdom of Sardinia. She has been working here since the '80s, now sheâ€™s part of the Villa as much as the frescoes (but sheâ€™s aging much better).
- Gianpiero â€“ Legend has it that as a boy he found himself having to choose between a career as a chef or as a singer. He hasnâ€™t yet made up his mind, and he delights our customers both with his delicacies and with the trills that occasionally peep out of the kitchen.
- Rudy â€“ The man of the night, straight from Peru. A night porter who may seem edgy at first impact, but deep down heâ€™s a heart of gold. Do not challenge him to pool, his cue is rentless.
- Richard â€“ Rudy's younger brother, heâ€™s the all-rounder handyman of the hotel. The Villa is old and there is always something to fix: just call him and his fairy hands will adjust any glitch.
All the services of Villa Bonera
- Reception 7:00 - 00:00
- Bar 7:00 - 00:00
- Free unguarded parking lot
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
- Small pets welcome
- Safe at reception
- Restaurant (by reservation)
- Reading / games room on the ground floor
- Luggage room
- Tourist information
- All credit cards accepted (except American Express and Diners)
The ideal place to relax
The garden of the Villa, proof of the huge park present in the seventeenth century, surrounds the hotel with its flowers and plants and is completely accessible, as well as used for breakfasts and dinners in case of warm weather. Surrounded by greenery, the Villa offers a well-equipped corner where you can enjoy your free time, perhaps reading a book or planning your holiday immersed in scents and flavors and enjoying the mild and pleasant climate of Nervi, a corner of paradise in Genoa.
The pleasure of typical Ligurian cuisine
The rich and various breakfast buffet, served in the garden in warm weather, offers sweet and salty, cakes and biscuits of own production, hot brioches, genovese focaccia and fresh bread, a large variety of tasty jams, juices and much more. Staying at our hotel will allow you to appreciate the typical cuisine of Genoa and Liguria. The restaurant serves specialties from the Italian Riviera: we recommend the trofie al pesto and the pansoti with walnut sauce with fresh homemade pasta, the seafood specialties, the Ligurian mesciua. All this among the typical fragrances of our basil (unique in the world) and of the aromatic herbs of the Ligurian Riviera di Levante coming from our garden. Even our wine list follows the needs of a traditional restaurant: a selection of Ligurian and Italian wines will accompany you in every pleasant discovery.
The restaurant has the following timetable:
breakfast: 7.30-10 am
lunch: 12.30-1 pm
dinner: 7.30-8.30 pm
For lunch and dinner, reservations are recommended at least an hour before..
We are here
Come and visit us
Also this year we went back to the Bonera and we found ourselves very well, spacious, clean and some with sea view.You eat well and the wine bottled by the owner is very good !!! All the staff proved competent, courteous and available.Excellent value for money A big thank you to Marco and Barbara. (from Tripadvisor)
Our first review was: a villa to remember ... today we can write, to remember and return with great pleasure !!!!! nice room with private bathroom (very clean) nice terrace in the room overlooking the city breakfast with homemade cakes and the owner always very kind !!! the villa .... what to say always a unique charm a real dive into the past !!! also nice to walk in the garden that among other things you can park for free! do you want a particular accommodation? try villa bonera !!! we will still be back with our bike bye and thank you. (from Tripadvisor)
What interests me about a hotel is mainly that it is clean and here I found cleaning both in the room and in the common bathroom. I slept very well. Spectacular breakfast and today I dove on the tart with quince and homemade walnuts. My partner also devoured the other cakes. We do trekking and for us the position was optimal to start the trail. Very close to the station and to the Garibaldi promenade. (from Tripadvisor)
You have not set any client for your hotel.